KSI blind threaded inserts (also known as rivet inserts) are designed to provide strong threads in thin panel sections. They are called “blind” because they can be installed from one side of the panel. Access to both sides is not required, which is why these fasteners are ideally suited for tubing, extrusion, and other similar types of applications.
The advantages of blind threaded insert technology include:
- Fast, easy one-sided installation.
- Attaches to panels of any hardness.
- Installs anytime during production, as well as in the field and for repair applications.
- Install in pre-coated/painted applications without damaging the surface.
- Closed end prevents ingress of contaminants into thread area, enclosures and electrical circuits.
- Strong, secure, durable threads in thin panels.
- Works in close-to-edge applications.
- Utilizes light, compact, cost-effective installation tooling.
- Can assemble multiple dissimilar materials during installation.